Submission of documents
Persons entitled to pursue professional activities in the teaching profession of the EU or EEA States, as well as in Switzerland, may be employed on a temporary basis without the recognition of professional qualifications. In such a case, in accordance with the requirements of Regulation No 168, the person shall submit a declaration to the Ministry and be accompanied by:
- a copy of the personal identification document;
- a copy of the document certifying the nationality of the applicant, accompanied by a translation into the official language;
- documents attesting to the education and professional qualifications corresponding to the profession indicated in the declaration (originals or certified copies) or notarially certified derivatives of the relevant documents (transcripts, extracts or copies), accompanied by a translation of the document into the official language;
- documents (originals) of the competent authorities of the home country or notarially certified derivatives of the relevant documents (transcripts, extracts or copies), which certify the right of the applicant to pursue professional activity in the relevant profession or part of the professional activities of the regulated profession, if the applicant wishes to provide such temporary services by adding a translation of documents into the official language;
- a document issued by the competent authorities of the home country certifying that a person has not been deprived or restricted from the right to pursue a professional activity in a profession in which temporary services will be provided, accompanied by a translation into the official language;
- a document issued by the competent authority of the applicant's home State certifying the duration and type of professional activity of the applicant in the regulated profession in which temporary services will be provided, accompanied by a translation of the document into the official language.
Contact details: Ministry of Education and Science, Department of Vocational and Adult Education, firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel. 67047850.
For more information on the procedure for recognition of professional qualifications, see the Academic Information Centre, www.aic.lv E-mail: email@example.com, tel. 67225155.